Saturday 13 August 2011

Our French dinner party.....

When you put together meal ideas its often to much just for the two of you, and often a little to indulgent for a regular Wednesday night meal,  so its always great to share a meal with friends. As James and I both work in a bar on the weekends we don't have the regular social hours of our friends so we have to make the most of a free night. Our guest tonight was an old friend from London. Alex and James worked and lived together in London and its brilliant to have him living just around the corner.

The menu:

Salad au Chevre 
A nice light start to a rich meal

Beouf Bourguinon
I had marinated this one overnight so the flavours were rich and intense. I used my Chasseur French Oven for the first time and slow cooked the beef until they fell apart to the touch.

and of course the 
Brown Bread Ice Cream served here on some of the left over brown bread crumbs


Alex's reaction was perfect. "This is ****** unbelievable". Homemade ice cream is definitely worth doing once. It is so creamy and rich and full of all things that are to be best eaten in moderation but so worth it. There's more left of course which we would love to share with others, possibly an Italian menu next time.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how yum that main sounds divine! I soo can't wait to be a guest in Rach n James Kitchen again. Can I be featured in your blog? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh I had no idea you TOO were blogging!!
    this is TOO FUN!

    And um.. i think i need to go get my lunch now because this post is making me hungry - really looks amazing rache!
    x

    ReplyDelete